Everton are one of two Premier League clubs who have been credited with an interest in winger Silas Wamangituka.
Eurosport report Everton scouts are keen on the 21-year-old Bundesliga star and have sent scouts to watch him in action.
So who is Wamangituka and what could he offer to Carlo Ancelotti? Should the links be taken seriously? Here is a glance at all you need to know…
1) He plays for Stuttgart and has done since August 2019 when he signed from French outfit Paris FC.
2) Wamangituka is tall for a winger, measuring up at 6ft 2in. He plays primarily on the right of midfield but can operate on both sides.
3) He has developed an eye for goal this season, scoring 13 times in 24 games across all competitions for Stuttgart.
4) The wideman’s sparkling form this season has seen him win Bundesliga Rookie of the Month in November and December. Jonjoe Kenny won the same award in August 2019 on loan at Schalke.
5) Fulham are the other side apparently interested in the 21-year-old and some of Germany’s biggest clubs are – understandably – also keen.
Chances of signing him?
Bayern Munich have a habit of hoovering up the best talent in Germany.
If they’re interested, it’ll be a very tough ask for Everton to land him. And he might well opt to stay in the Bundesliga regardless.
There’s no indication in the Eurosport report of how much the winger might cost.
But reports from Germany appear to suggest Stuttgart could be willing sellers.
And 30 million euros is almost £26 million, so it would be a significant investment if Everton do get up to the numbers required to take him.
Nigel Martyn speaking to Everton News: Archive